Puppy Control Unleashed® PLUS Obedience
Puppies who are not taught certain skills right away can develop severe behavior problems in adulthood. This 10-week class teaches these critical skills by combining Control Unleashed (by Leslie McDevitt) with early obedience. From calmness to impulse control, as well as cues like “come” and “drop it,” this class is designed to provide you and your puppy with a solid foundation of skills to set you up for a lifetime of success.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Address nipping and jumping
- Build relaxation and calmness
- Teach and support appropriate greetings with people
- Reduce fear, anxiety, and over-excitement around other dogs
- Promote attention to handler in new environments
- Teach a default safety leave it behavior
- Support focus around distractions
- Keep your pup busy with enrichment and confidence-building exercises
- Teach and strengthen “come,” “leave it,” “drop it,” and other basic obedience skills
Before the first class, you will receive a pre-recorded lecture (via email). You must watch this lecture before the first class, as it will cover important concepts (in place of an in-class lecture), which will maximize training time.
You will need the following:
- Control Unleashed® book
- Balance harness (by Blue-9 online)
- 6-ft leash
- Portable mat (e.g., Mutt Mat online)
- Treat bag (e.g. Rapid Rewards on Amazon)
- 2-3 quart bags of soft, small treats (chicken, hot dogs, cheese)
(Puppies under 6 months only. Clickers will be provided. No retractable or chain leashes allowed, no prong/pinch/choke/shock collars allowed.)
Saturdays, 10:30-11:30 am, 10 weeks: 4/1-6/10* *no class 5/27
Please provide proof of vaccinations on or before the first night of class. Can now be uploaded at sign up, but not required.
Due to high demand, AnnaBelle's does not offer refunds on classes after the class has started