Control Unleashed® (CU), developed by Leslie McDevitt ,and Behavioral Adjustment Training (BAT 2.0)®, developed by Grisha Stewart, rehabilitate and prevent dog reactivity. This 14 week class will examine the function of growling, lunging, or fleeing behaviors and help the dogs learn socially acceptable behaviors that serve the same function. CU and BAT 2.0 build confidence by teaching dogs how to control their environment with little interference from us. CU and BAT 2.0 will empower you and your dog as you learn how to understand your dog while your dog learns to safely interact with people and other dogs. You will learn:
- How to encourage or shape a "replacement behavior" that provides your dog with the same function as the unwanted behavior.
- Why it's important to keep your dog calm in the presence of a trigger while teaching him to make good choices.
- Practical ways to keep your dog from being pushed into a reactive state in and around your home and on walks.
The first night of class will be lecture only, please do not bring dogs to class. Please bring your dog to class on a soft buckle collar or front clip harness, a six foot leather or nylon leash. No retractable or chain leashes allowed. No prong/pinch collars allowed. Bring 2-3 quart bags of soft, small, easily eaten treats such as hot dogs, cheese or chicken. Bring an inexpensive, portable mat.
- You will need a 15 – 20 ft. long line and a front attached harness for the later portion of the class. Both long lines and harnesses can be purchased at AnnaBelle’s. Training clients receive 15% discount off all leashes.
- Both the Control Unleashed® and the BAT 2.0® books are required reading for this class and can be purchased at AnnaBelle’s.
- Class size limited to 4 dogs per class.
Tuesdays, 6-6:45 pm. 14 weeks: 5/15-8/14* *no class on 5/29/18
Tuesdays, 7-7:45 pm. 14 weeks: 5/15-8/14* *no class on 5/29/18
Tuesdays, 8-8:45 pm. 14 weeks: 5/15-8/14* *no class on 5/29/18