Behavioral Adjustment Training (BAT) was developed by Grisha Stewart to rehabilitate and prevent dog reactivity. BAT® 2.0 helps animals gain confidence and social skills. BAT is a natural method that creates an emotionally safe interaction with minimal intrusion. BAT is especially useful when the “triggers” for frustration, aggression, or fear are living beings, for example when dogs bark at or bite other dogs or people. CLASS SIZE LIMITED TO TEN.
- BAT gives animals maximum control of safety and other significant events in their lives.
- BAT arranges safe scenarios where animals can socialize naturally and interact with triggers in socially acceptable ways.
You will learn:
- How to encourage or shape a "replacement behavior" that provides your dog with the same function as the unwanted behavior.
- Why it's important to keep your dog calm in the presence of a trigger while teaching him to make good choices.
- Practical ways to keep your dog from being pushed into a reactive state in and around your home and on walks.
Thursdays 6/15-8/31. 6:30-7:30 pm 12 weeks: $240
Thursdays 6/15-8/31. 7:45-8:45 pm 12 weeks: $240
No dogs the first night of class. Please have a 15-20 ft. long line for your dog
and a Freedom Walk or similar front attachment harness. Bring the long line to the first class.